Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cheetah Print Skirt & Chambray Shirt





Hello and happy Tuesday!! Today's post is all about this cheetah print skirt I snagged at Loft this past summer. I haven't had the chance to wear it in so long with all of this cold weather, but the brief glimpse of warmer weather we had this weekend gave me some fashion inspiration.






American Eagle chambray button down, Loft skirt - similar here and here, Bar III blazer similar here and here, bebe necklace similar here and here, Forever 21 bracelet similar here and here, Jones New York hoops similar here and here, Tumi bag, Call It Spring booties - seen here

Have you ever gotten stuck in a fashion rut and just couldn't stop yourself from going to the same few pieces? Well that's been me lately, always turning to the same sweaters and everything black. Now I have nothing against all black everything, but you really can get yourself lost in the same few looks sometimes so it's nice to just take a look through your wardrobe and dig up older pieces. 

This skirt is great for making a boring work outfit a bit more fun, or even for a day out. I went with a more casual look by pairing it with this chambray shirt but if you were to switch it out with a basic button down you'd be business ready. Personally, I love the look of a statement necklace tucked underneath a collared shirt. The one I've chosen has mixed metal so you're not stuck with just gold or silver accessories, and it has rhinestone details on the gold spikes for some added bling ;) I paired it with this woven bracelet from Forever 21 because it kind of reminded me of the cheetah print pattern. The mix of black and gold really plays off the print well. To finish the look I added some funky silver hoops, a basic blazer, and this fantastic briefcase from Tumi.

What do you do when you're stuck in a fashion rut? Tell me all about your inspirations in the comments below!

xxAlli

4 comments:

  1. Love your skirt

    may be we can follow each other, please let me know.

    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/
    Twitter / tumblr/ instagram: @fashionrlounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just followed you on bloglovin' and looking into the rest now :)

      xxAlli

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful blazer.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete