Friday, February 28, 2014

Fisherman's Sweater & Leather Skirt











Loft Textured Open Stitch Sweater, bebe leather circle skirt similar here and here,  Forever 21 knee high socks similar here, thrifted boots, Lucky Brand earrings, Hamsa bracelet from Israel similar here , vintage rings

Today's look was built around this leather circle skirt from bebe. I've dressed it up for work in the past but I wanted to show how to take a more elegant piece such as this and make it wearable for your daily life. Since we're in the midst of the never ending snowstorms and deep chill in the northeast I really wanted to pair the skirt with something warm. I chose this soft textured open stitch sweater from Loft. Since it is an open stitch you might have to wear a camisole underneath depending on the color of your bra. This comfortable sweater comes in a few different color options, but I chose this color because I already own a million black pieces, plus this color just looked really nice to me.

So that my legs wouldn't be totally bare I added these knee high socks. I rolled them down in the pictures because I like the gathered look at the ankle but when it gets a bit too chilly you can just unroll them so you're more covered. I chose to wear dark brown heeled hiking boots because I like the look of brown and black together especially when paired with an off-white like that of the sweater and socks. When it came to accessories I picked gold toned jewelry. It is a bit of an eclectic mix of jewelry but I usually just grab whatever pieces I really like at the moment and these happened to be it.

I hope you like the look and as always thanks for reading!!!

xxAlli



No comments:

Post a Comment