Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Scalloped Sweater & Coated Jeans





Loft Scalloped Neck Sweater, bebe coated jeans similar here and here, bebe metal stretch belt similar here and here, Sam Edelman boots seen here, INC silver tone studs, CBC midi ring similar here and here

Today's look is something I put together for a warm and cozy yet work appropriate look. Keep in mind that I do work in retail so what is "work appropriate" for me may not be the same for you.

With the freezing temperatures we've been having here I really wanted to wear a sweater, but I didn't want to look too casual for work. Pairing this top with your basic denim jeans is great for a casual day look but it just didn't do enough for me. To dress the look up a bit I paired this sweater with my coated jeans. They're just as comfortable as denim, but they look a bit more sophisticated because they have that leather look. 

I added shine through my accessories: a silver stretch belt, a midi ring, and these super cute fireball studs. The little details really bring a look together whether it be through your accessories or even the details that your clothes offer like the scalloped neck on this sweater. You don't need to play with prints to have fun with your outfits. If you're a bit timid, playing around with cuts and finishes can bring the change you've been looking for in your wardrobe.

As always, thanks for reading!!

xxAlli


No comments:

Post a Comment