Wednesday, February 5, 2014

All Black Everything With A Pop of Gold









American Rag Faux Leather Peplum Top - seen here, H&M faux fur vest - seen here, bebe basic legging, Loft flats - similar here, gold belt from a dress - similar here, vintage necklace

Happy Wednesday my lovely readers!

This weeks post is an outfit that I wore to work the other day. I wanted to dress up but still be warm enough to survive this week of snow storms, if you haven't heard the NorthEast keeps getting hit with snow storms :( 

I paired this cute peplum top with my faux fur vest to both stay warm and hide the fact that this top doesn't quite fit me around the shoulders. (Quick tip: when it comes to items that don't quite fit right but you're not sure about hemming, layering is a super easy way to hide the imperfections and get creative with your looks!) 

I really wanted this necklace to stand out with this look, hence the black on black on black. It belonged to my grandmother and I found it while rummaging through some things of hers that I had. I thought it was super chic and modern but loved that it was vintage! I added the gold belt, which came with a random dress, to make the color pop a bit more. A quick sock bun, some black flats, and my go-to black and gold watch completed this look.

How do you make your focal pieces pop? Let me know in the comments below<3

As always, thanks for reading!!

xxAlli


No comments:

Post a Comment