Friday, October 18, 2013

In the Garden: Light Layers for Fall










American Rag peplum top - similar here, J. Crew shirt - similar here and here, bebe jeans, belt from a bebe dress, J. Crew bracelet - similar here, Kelly & Katie heels, old glasses

Today's post was shot in part of my fathers garden, hence my oh so creative name for this post!  With the weather changing and the trees beginning to shed their leaves, it's nice to find pops of such vibrant colors in nature.

Just as the seasons must change, so too must my wardrobe and this means finding ways to transition pieces. I've had this peplum top for some time and I love that it has faux leather detail, but after a few wears I realized that it wasn't quite the right size so I haven't pulled it out in awhile. I had been in need of a new top for work at the time and didn't pay too much attention in the fitting room, but thankfully there are ways to make things like this work. When it comes to peplum I don't usually like to put blazers over it because the contrasting cuts sometimes look awkward. With that being said, this top has plenty of room to throw something on underneath. I chose this top from J. Crew because it has a simple pattern to make the outfit more interesting, and it is short sleeved which is perfect for today's slightly warmer weather. I topped it off with a bright blue belt, some ripped jeans, simple black heels, and a sparkly bracelet from J. Crew. I kept the makeup simple and tossed my hair up in a tight bun so that it wouldn't compete with the collar. 

Do you have any pieces that you can't live without year round? Let me know in the comments below, and have a fantastic weekend!!

xxAlli

No comments:

Post a Comment