Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rock Those Docs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Look one: Hot Topic Misfits Tee - similar here, bebe jeans - different color - similar here, Hand made necklace by yours truly, faux leather studded bracelet - similar here
Look two: Loft dress, Loft belt - similar here, bebe carryall was gift with purchase, J. Crew necklace, J. Crew bracelet
1460 Doc Martens - all colors here



My first post is inspired by my lovely friend Alicia and these oh so amazing Doc Martens that I recently purchased. When I excitedly instagramed these boots immediately after trying them on, my friend asked me to teach her how to wear the ones she owns. I've been wearing Docs for years, but I can understand the issue. Personally, my feet are not on the small side and so shoes like these can make them look bigger than they are. It may take some getting used to if you aren't comfortable with such tough combat boots but I swear I cannot get enough of them.

When it comes to choosing outfits to wear with your docs the options are pretty limitless, but above I've shown you two simple options. In my first look I wanted to stick with the punk roots of Docs and so I threw on a Misfits t-shirt that I cut the sleeves off of. This look really isn't complicated, I just wanted to stick with a simple jean - you can wear leggings if you want but I find that it makes my feet look abnormally large in proportion due to my shoe size - and a tee-shirt. By throwing on a few accessories, like a necklace and a bracelet, you can make this comfortable outfit your own and be ready for anything you might have to face during the day.

For my second look I wanted to dress things up a bit. I paired my Docs with this knit sleeve crepe dress from the Loft, a cute cheetah print belt from the Loft, a little cheetah print carry-all from bebe, and accessories from J. Crew. While you don't have to get as dressy, I wanted to show you that you don't have to dress down when it comes to wearing Doc Martens. You could obviously choose a more casual day dress and be set, a look that I love when I'm rushing out on an early fall day. What outfits do you like to wear with your combat boots? Let me know in the comments below, and thanks so much for reading!!

xxAlli

No comments:

Post a Comment