Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Flare Skirt & Purple Peacoat






Loft top - similar here, Tome paneled flare skirt, H&M peacoat - similar here and here, Sam Edelman boots, Aldo clutch - similar here, Kathy Jeanne hat - similar here, Lips - Portland Black Lipstick Co, in Artificial Amethyst

Hello hello and happy Fashion Week readers! 

I know I've been talking about it nonstop in these last few posts, but we do not stop getting snow up in the northeast! I am so tired of wearing a ridiculous amount of layers and covering up which inspired today's post. I wanted to pull out a skirt and show off a little skin but still be warm enough to fare the outdoors.

The first two pieces I grabbed when putting this look together were my purple H&M coat and my Sam Edelman boots. I love this coat because it's warm and, unlike most of my wardrobe these days, brings some color into this dreary winter. The boots are so comfortable and I love that I can pair them with anything from skirts and dresses to leggings and jeans. They're great for a night out or just a casual day around town. 

Inspired by fashion week and the AMAZING show I unfortunately had to miss due to work, I wanted to wear this beautiful flare skirt from Tome. If you want to check out their newest collection you can watch the runway show here or just click through the collection here. These designers are always inspired but such amazing women and want to make clothes that any woman could wear. Their collections are always super chic.

I topped off the look with this shell from Loft and a Kathy Jeanne hat that belonged to my grandmother. I wanted to add some texture to the look so I thought this top would be perfect, it actually is two layers with a sheer black top layer and a nude cotton slip underneath. It definitely adds some sophisticated detail to a basic black look. The hat is 100% wool and is a chic way to stay keep my head warm and my hair dry while it's snowing. I do love the look of a floppy brimmed hat, but I really do like the structure that hats like this bring to a look.

Thanks for reading! I'll be posting some Valentine's Day inspired looks later in the week :)

xxAlli

No comments:

Post a Comment