Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Grunge Inspo: Plaid & Vintage Style Sweater







Heritage 1981 Sweater - similar here, Superdry USA lumberjack shirt, Bullhead Black denim from PacSun - similar style here, thrifted MIA shoes 

Hello hello and happy hump day!! Today I decided to switch things up a bit on the blog and I had my friend Christine style me for today's post!

Since it's been snowing on and off for the last week or so, and with temperatures in the mid to low teens, her initial theme was to find something cozy and warm to handle this horrendous weather. After rummaging through my wardrobe she turned into more of a grunge-y direction pairing my plaid button down with this cute little mustard yellow cardigan. I love it because it's reminiscent of Mr. Rogers with elbow pads and cute little gold buttons. To bring out the color from the top she grabbed these red jeans from PacSun and completed the grunge look with these vintage thrifted hiking boot heels so I could channel my inner Daria/Jane Lane.

It was definitely fun playing dress up with her! She chose the entire look from the clothing to the minimalistic makeup. What do you think of the look? How would you dress someone if given the chance? Let me know in the comments below!

As always, thanks for reading!!

xxAlli

No comments:

Post a Comment