Sunday, June 29, 2014

Culottes and Crop Tops











Culottes :: Nabee similar here
Heels :: H&M similar here
Bag :: Coach similar here
Watch :: bebe similar here
Rings :: Club Monaco

When you spend a lot of time around fashionable influences, you start to pick up an interest in the style. Having spent the last three months working for a pair of designers, I've noticed that I have a growing interest in more loose fit pants. With that being said, I was never entirely certain if I could pull of the look of a karate pant or culotte outside of the Tae Kwon Do classes I took as a kid. I recently tried these culottes on, just for the heck of it, and I was blown away by how much I fell in love with them!

As shorts like these have a lot more volume, I find that it is best to either pair them with a fitted top or a crop top. I chose to wear heels with this look to elongate my legs, but you can wear a loafer or sandals with something like this as well. 

Oh! And a little tip, don't be afraid to mix navy and black together. I was always told that these two colors were mutually exclusive (particularly with suiting) but this is completely untrue! When layered you can really play up the differences in the colors. Another option is to accessorize the look with a complimentary color of both navy and black OR to wear pieces with different textures that can make the colors really pop against each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment