Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Want It Wednesday: Dream Day Style Challenge


Recently I was asked to participate in a "Dream Day Style Challenge" by the lovely people from Lover.ly. As I have a bit of an obsession with all things wedding related, I took on the challenge. I was to choose between three wedding locations and select a gown from their website. Of the three locations, I went with the city glam look pictured above.

Below you will find my selection from their dresses as well as accessories and the makeup look that I find most suiting.

Dream Day Style Challenge




I chose the city glam option because I thought it fit my personal style best, it is the perfect balance of refined and sophisticated while still making you feel like you're escaping reality.

When it came to the dress, I've always known that I've wanted something more fitted. I love this Monique Lhuillier dress as it hugs in all of the right places. It has just the right amount of detail around the top with the appearance of petals and the sheer back. It tones down towards the base of the dress where it flares out creating the perfect balance. 

With a dress that has such a high neckline, I find it best to wear your hair in an updo. As it is a wedding day, I chose a sparkly head piece to catch everyones eye. In contrast to all of the white and silver, I went with an extremely colorful stud. I think it's important to bring your personal style into your wedding day whether it be your shoes or you jewelry. For me, a crazy amount of color is true to who I am, but the stud maintains the refined look for this wedding. Paired with silver heels, a neutral face, and an earth-toned bouquet, the look is complete.


You can check out all of the beautiful dresses and bridal ideas that Lover.ly has to offer here. It's definitely worth the visit ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment