Friday, December 20, 2013

What's Trending: Camo











TGIF! Hello and Happy Friday!! I hope you all fared well this week. Thankfully the holidays are just around the corner so I'm sure many of you have begun your vacation until the new year. 

Today I am bringing to you a trend that I've always been a fan of, CAMO! Camouflage is a pattern that always comes in and out of style and it is back this season with a vengeance (I've seen it everywhere from PacSun to Express and J. Crew). As this particular pattern is a bit more rugged and edgy, it is seen more in menswear. I love the idea of a structured look with this print so I just had to steal this one from the guys. 

Not only is this vest a great layering piece for changing up a look, it's great for keeping you just a bit toastier on those cold winter nights. I chose to layer it over a button down/vest combination but you could throw it over any shirt or even a dress if you're feeling adventurous! Don't be afraid to experiment! Explore the mens side of your favorite store and see what treats are hiding. I found this beauty in the sale section of J. Crew, and I got a great deal if I do say so myself. Pieces like this offer unique assets that you might not find in the women's section, plus they come with tons of pockets which I kind of love in my clothing. Over the years I've noticed that men's clothing can sometimes have more of a balance of attractiveness and usefulness (i.e. pockets etc.) that women's clothing sometimes lacks. Don't get me wrong, I love what I'm seeing right now in fashion but sometimes it's nice to  wander around and see what treasures I can find. 

How would you rock camo this season? Let me know in the comments below!!

As always, thank you for reading! Until next time.

xxAlli

6 comments: