Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Getting Organized:

I don't know about the rest of you, but when it comes to organizing my clothing I have wonderful ideas but rarely put them into action. I know it's awful, I should be taking better care of everything I own, but sometimes with the hours I work it's a bit difficult. I just want to get home and do absolutely nothing.

Today, whilst working from home due to the "blizzard" I was motivated to start some reorganization. Not only did I need to find a neat way to pack everything away, but it needed to be in a way that was easily accessible and where I could still see each individual item.

The results are as follows:







For jeans and denim, I find it best to leave the waistband face up. This allows you to read the brand and give a clue as to the cut and style of the pant, beyond just the wash.

I also reorganized my athletic/swimsuit drawer from outerwear to tops and bottoms.

My skirts and shorts drawer is packed the same as my jean drawers, except for the fact that I have rolled up all of my tights and pantyhose and tucked them in the middle.

Personally, it is so hard to be motivated to do this revamping because sometimes it seems overwhelming (I still have two other dressers to fix as well as a shelving unit and my closet), but once you get started it is totally worth it. I can tell that it's going to be easier to get ready in the mornings and even to keep things this organized. Plus, sorting through everything allows me to decide what I don't need anymore and can donate to those in need!

What's your favorite method to stay organized? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment